South Pacific County Humane Society (SPCHS) is primarily a volunteer-driven organization.
Animal Care Technician
Part Time (10 – 20 hours/week)
Animal Care Technicians provide critical care to the pet animals at the SPCHS facility.
- Maintenance and care of all animals housed with SPCHS.
- Maintaining clean and orderly animal housing and employee work areas.
- Assisting with the movement and placement of animals.
- Maintaining the health and welfare of all animals in the care of the Society.
- Feeding, watering, walking and exercising all shelter animals.
- Bathing and grooming of animals.
- Cleaning: rinses, scrubs, mops, and disinfects animal cages, hallways, floors, walls and isolation/quarantine areas; cleans water and food dishes and related kennel equipment and facilities.
- Assists other staff, volunteers and the general public as required.
- Transports animals to Oceanside Animal Clinic as directed.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be punctual and able to maintain regular attendance.
- Must be available and willing to work early hours, weekends, holidays, and attend mandatory training and meetings as the employer determines are necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- Must be able to work with others and maintain a professional and courteous attitude while at work. Zero tolerance for violent, disrespectful, or malicious behaviors.
- Must be able to work with dogs and cats.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and stoop frequently to perform duties.
- Must be able to perform prolonged strenuous physical activity, including lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds alone, or up to 100 pounds with a fellow employee, for short distances.
- At times must be able to chase or run after animals that escape confinement.
- Verifiable work references
- Drug test
- Background check
Submit an online application:
Our paid positions are:
• Shelter Director
• Animal Care Technician
Currently, we have an opening for an Animal Care Technician
Interested in becoming a volunteer? We are looking for some happy, upbeat, animal-loving volunteers! Click here for info.