- Colored markers (fabric markers work the best, but don’t use washable markers)
- Solid-color bandanas. The size will vary based on dog or cat. The bandana should be folded once in a triangle and must be able to tie completely around the dog’s or cat’s neck. You can purchase various sizes online, or click for patterns to make your own.
- Place the folded bandana on the table. Decorate only on the side that faces up.
- Design your bandana to get the pet noticed — so they are more likely to get adopted.
- Add some words to your design. Here are some ideas, or you can make up your own: Adopt Me! • Shelter Dogs are Cool! • Shelter Cats are Cool! • I’ll Be Your Best Friend! • Help Me Find A Home!!
- When finished decorating your bandana, be sure to let it dry completely so the design doesn’t smear.