July 28, 2012: Sand Flea Pet Parade
2012 Sand Flea Pet Parade Results
Our wholly unqualified, volunteer judges deliberated and (drum roll, please!) here are your 2012 champions:
- Best Costume: Paula Broiles and Tabi-San from Bellingham, WA
- Beachiest Pet: Iain Langowski and Winston from Snoqualmie, WA
- Best Pet Trick: Sarah Sloane and Maybe from Ocean Park, WA
- Pet-Owner Lookalike: Angela Harper and Penny from Longview, W
- Announcer’s Choice: Lacey Freitas & Jake, from Oakdale, CA
Photos will be here in a day or two!
Join us on the beach in Long Beach in July of 2013 for the 11th Annual
Sand Flea Pet Parade
Prizes and Notoriety Guaranteed!
- Best Costume
- Beachiest Pet
- Best Pet Trick
- Pet-Owner Lookalike
- …and whatever else our wholly unqualified, volunteer judges might decide to award!
The Sand Flea Pet Parade is a fun event on the beach during the annual SandSations Sand Sculpture competition. Stop by our tent during the castle building to say hello, get a dog cookie and a fresh drink of water and to register for the Parade. There’s no entry fee, but donations are always welcome and we’ll have raffle tickets for sale for our BIG RAFFLE.
This event is very informal. Our emcee will ask everyone registered for a particular competition to enter the ring and parade in a circle. Our photographers will be snapping pics as the judges deliberate and then the winner is announced and prizes are awarded, thanks to generous merchants and business sponsors!
Entry Fee: $0!
Where: At the Humane Society tent on the beach at the foot of Bolstad Avenue in Long Beach (in front of the Boardwalk). We’re easy to find. Just head to the beach from the main stoplight in downtown Long Beach (Bolstad Avenue) and look for our big, striped tent, which is near the SandSations trailer/booth. Seriously: if you get that far, you can’t miss us!