We aren’t animal control, nor do we have staff to pretend to be so. We do, however, have a huge interest in making sure any complaint of animal abuse and/or neglect is pursued!
When Visiting a Home to Help an Animal in Need: Your Goal is to OFFER HELP and to HAVE HELP ACCEPTED
- Show your concern – not your disdain.
- Remember: You are a visitor to someone’s home.
- Do NOT be confrontational, argumentative or, in any way, a bad guest.
- Don’t take photos without asking permission first. If the answer is ‘no’, please refer to our flyer, “SPCHS-Animal Abuse and Neglect-What To Do”.
- Stay on streets, sidewalks and other established footpaths.
- Stay OFF private property unless invited.
- Leave if asked.
- Protect the Shelter From Liability: Identify yourself as a concerned citizen–not as a representative of the Shelter.
Making a Complaint to SPCHS:
- Come to the Shelter in person and fill out our complaint form [pdf], or
- Download the complaint form, fill it out and return it to us ASAP (330 Second St NE – Long Beach, WA).
Making a Complaint to the Authorities:
Please read refer to our flyer, “SPCHS-Animal Abuse and Neglect-What To Do”.
If you believe an animal is in immediate danger, contact:
- Anywhere in South Pacific County, outside Ilwaco and Long Beach City Limits:
- Pacific County Sheriff, P.O. Box 935, Long Beach WA 98631
- In Ilwaco or Long Beach:
- Long Beach Police, attn.: Chief Flint Wright, P.O. Box 795, Long Beach WA 98631
- Long Beach City Council, P.O. Box 310, Long Beach WA 98631
- Ilwaco City Council, PO Box 548, Ilwaco, WA 98624